Are you a Windows 10 user? If it is so, maybe you have experienced some issues due to the usage of this Windows version. Well, it is maybe not comfortable, but it is normal because most of the other users were experiencing that too. One of the most common issues that always happen to Windows 10 is the audio service that is not running, it also known as audio services not responding windows 10.
However, the question is that ‘why this issue has happened?’ Actually, this error happens because the audio driver is outdated and it could not function properly or the audio driver gets damaged during the update of your Windows 10.
Fortunately, there are several ways or methods that you can do to fix this problem. Here are the complete explanations about this.
Modifying the Audio that is related to the service settings
The first solution that you can try is modifying the audio that is related to the service settings. In other words, we can say that the Windows 10 the audio service is not running can be caused by the improper status in the Windows audio service and the other dependencies. That is why; correcting that status can fix some problems.
Follow these guides to do this solution:
- Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard and the R button at the same time for invoking the Run Box.
- After that, type this command “service.msc” to open the services window
- Next, click the Windows Audio and then Restart your computer
- The next step is to right-click the Windows Audio and then choose “Properties”
- After that, set the startup to the Automatic option
- Click the apply option and then choose OK
- Next, restart these two services and then set the startup types to the automatic option with the same method in option 4 and 5. The two services are the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and the other one is the Multimedia Class Scheduler”
- After that, you have to play music or a video to check whether the audio is working or not
You may like this article “energy server service queencreek”
If this first method is not working for you, you can try the other methods or solutions that we will share below.
Update the Audio Driver
The Windows 10 the audio service is not running can be also caused by the old or incorrect audio driver. That is why; it is a great idea to update your audio driver manually or you can do it automatically with the Driver Easy tool.
This tool will recognize your system automatically and then find the right driver for that system. It means that you will free from some harmful risks such as installing the wrong driver, the risk downloading and many more again. Meanwhile, for the Driver Easy, you can use the FREE version or the Pro version that usually has more complete features.
Here are the guides that you can follow if you want to use this method:
- First of all, you need to download and install the Driver Easy tool
- After that, run the Driver Easy and then click the option of scan now.
- Usually, the Driver will scan your computer and detect whether there is any problem with your drivers or not
- Click the update button for automatically downloading and installing the correct version of the driver. You can do this with the FREE version. Or, you can click the Update All for downloading and installing the correct version of all the drivers that are out of date or missing and this is requiring the Pro version. If you used the FREE version, usually you will be asked to upgrade once you click the Update All button.
- The next step to do is restarting your computer and trying to play a video or music to see whether this solution is working or not.
You can try both of those methods above to fix the audio services not responding windows 10. However, if the methods above are not working, below are some other solutions that you can try.
Restoring the Registry Key from Antivirus
This third solution is so easy and maybe it is the right one for you. Below are the complete instructions:
- First of all, open your antivirus and then go to the ‘Virus vault”
- After that, click on the Norton Security option from the system tray where you have to right-click it
- Select the ‘View Recent History’
- Next, choose the Quarantine from the show drop-down
- Inside the Virus Vault or the Quarantine, you need to search for the Audio device or services which are quarantine.
- After that, look for this registry key: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROL and if that registry ends in this command: AUDIOSRV.DLL or AUDIOENDPOINTBUILDER.DLL
- Then, restore them and restart for applying the changes to see if the Windows 10 the audio service is not running issue is fixed or not.
That is the instruction to do the third method.
Use the Window Troubleshooter
The other method that you can do to fix the Windows 10 the Audio service is not running is by using the Window Troubleshooter. To do this fourth solution, below are the guides that you need to follow:
- Open the control panel and then type troubleshooting in the search box
- After that, click on the Troubleshooting option in the search result and then choose the hardware and sound option.
- The next thing to click on the Paying Audio in the next window inside the sound sub-category
- Last, click on the advanced options in the playing audio window and then check the Apply Repairs Automatically.
- Click next.
- Then, usually, the troubleshooter will diagnose the issue automatically and ask you whether you want to apply the fix that you made or not.
What you can do next is click the Apply option and then reboot your computer / Windows 10 to apply the changes. We hope that this article is beneficial and you find the right solution.