In your Windows system, including the Windows 10, you can set up the family account to make you are secured and safe from the inappropriate games, content and also applications for your kids. You can also configure anyone with their own desktop and signing.
For the Windows 10 system, maybe some of you are ever experiencing the moment when you have done the thing above and then try to add a new user account for your kids. After that, you maybe get the red warning that states ‘we cannot connect to the Microsoft Family at the moment, so your family on this device may be not up to date’. This warning usually appears in the Account Management.
The question is that, is there anything that you can do to solve this issue? Thank God because, in fact, you can do some efforts to solve the problem easily. Below are some of the different methods that we will share with you so you can pick the best one for you. So, check this out.
- Verified the Microsoft Accounts
The first method that you can try for solving the ‘we couldn’t connect to Microsoft Family right now’ is by verifying the Microsoft Accounts for your family and you have to add the administrator right. To do so, here are some steps that you can do:
- First of all, you have to click the start menu and then open the setting app
- After that, go to the accounts
- Click the sign in with a Microsoft account instead
- Next thing that you have to do is entering your Microsoft Account. You can use your outlook email or your Hotmail.
- Click the ‘sign in’ option
- Then, type your password (the password of your local account) for doing the verification step
- Click the next option
- After that, you have to return to the setting app.
- Go to the account> your email and accounts
- What you need to do is clicking on the gold-colored verify button
- Next, type in the last 4 digits of your contact number that is sent to your smartphone
Usually, the issues about we couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now will be solved by doing this first method. However, if the problem is not solved yet, you still can do the other methods that we will share below.
- Run the Internet Connection Troubleshooter
The next method that you can try is by running the internet connection troubleshooter. It is a great idea to try this method in order to reveal whether it is the right method for you or not. Here are the instructions to run the internet connection troubleshooter:
- First of all, open the control panel menu’
- Navigate it to troubleshooting > view all
- Locate the built-in internet connections troubleshooter from the list
- Run it.
Usually, this way is beneficial to fix some issues with the internet connection; including the issue about we couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now.
- Convert the Microsoft Account into the Local Account and Revert Back
If the two ways above are not working to solve the problem, maybe this third method is the suitable one. This third method is by converting the Microsoft Account into the local account and then revert it back. To do so, here are the ways that you have to follow:
- Go to the setting app and within that setting app, go to the accounts > Your account
- In the right panel, you have to click the option of sign in with the local account instead link.
- Type your password and then click the next option.
- Then, input all the required information that is needed for the local account
- Press or click the next button
- Do the re-booting and you have to check whether everything is already fine?
It is a wise idea to try this method in order to know whether it is the right solution for solving we couldn’t connect to Microsoft family right now the problem or not.
- The Other Solution
In addition, we still have one more solution that you can try if the three methods above are not working. Here are the instructions that you can follow in order to do this fourth method:
- First of all, you have to go to the Windows 10 settings
- Click on the added family and other users
- Tap on the “add family members” option. Once you tap this option you maybe see the error that says we couldn’t connect to Microsoft Family Right Now, so your family on this device”
- If you got that message, you can search for the network problems on the start screen
- The next step is opening this website: account.live.com
- Enter your email address and your password
- Press or click the sign in button
- You can choose an option where you can get the code. If you had entered the email address or the phone number, you can choose that thing
- Then you will get the verification code on your phone number or the email address
- After that, enter that 5 digit code to the confirmation area code
- Then, click the next button
- You have already logged in
- Close your Windows and the thing that you can do is go to the family setting again
- You can see that you can add the child or add the adult. Choose one based on your needs.
As you can see that now you can add the new account for your children and the issues or problem about we couldn’t connect to Microsoft Family right now had been solved.
So, those are the solutions that you can do to solve the related issue, especially about the Microsoft Family. We hope that this article is beneficial for you so that you can use the Windows 10 better and more comfortable.