Have you ever experience the Fallout 4 crashes on startup? If it is so, you are not alone because in fact some Windows users in this world also experience the same issue. In fact, most of them don’t know about what they have to do to fix this problem. Furthermore, there are several ways or solutions that you can try and we will share in the article below.
Before revealing the solutions to fix the Fallout 4 crash on startup, let us talk about why this issue has happened. Actually, the reasons that can cause this problem are different. Some users reported that they got this problem on loading moment; some of them are after a few minutes using the windows and many more again. However, most of the users said that the Fallout 4 crash on startup was happened because of the video resolution, the hardware issue or maybe the graphic card issue. Well, whatever the cause is, here are some methods or solutions to fix the Fallout 4 Crash on Startup.
Upgrade the Graphics Card Driver
We have said above that the Fallout 4 crash on startup can be happened because of the missing or the outdated graphic card driver. That is why; for this case you have to ensure that your video card and the driver work properly. Furthermore, there are two ways that you can do to update the graphic card driver; the automatically or manually way.
To do it manually, you can update the driver from the manufacturer’s website and then download the latest proper driver and then install in on your computer. In fact, this way requires some times and your computer skills too.
However, if you don’t want to waste some time and are not patient enough to do the manual way, you can use the automatic way by using the Driver Easy. This software will automatically recognize the system and then look for the suitable driver for that system. It means that you will not have a risk for doing a mistake while doing the installation process. Below are the simple steps that you can do in order to download this useful software:
- First of all, you have to download and install the Driver Easy. The download link can be gotten from the Internet easily.
- After it is installed, you can click the SCAN NOW Button. It will make this software scan and detect any driver’s problems.
- Then, you just need to click the Update button to download the proper driver version automatically.
- Install it on your computer. You can also click the UPDATE ALL button to download and install the entire correct driver version, but this action can be done only if you use the PRO Version.
- Restart your computer and then open the Fallout 4.
If this first method or solution is not working to fix the Fallout 4 Crash on Startup, you can try the other solutions below.
Installing the Latest Patch the Fallout 4
The crashing issue can be also caused by the bug in a game. That is why; the game developers keep releasing the latest update for that game. Usually, this update contains the essential changes for improving the stability, performance and also security for the applications that run on your computer. Installing the latest update of a game or application will ensure that you can run the software efficiently and safely.
However, you need to check the latest patch for the Fallout 4 on your computer and then install it to keep your game is up to date. After you update it, you have to restart your computer and then open the Fallout 4 to see whether this issue has been fixed or not.
Set the Graphics Options to the Low Option
The video setting can also cause the Fallout 4 Crash on Startup. That is why; you have to pay attention to the Graphic Setting too for solving this problem. In this case, you can set the Fallout 4 to the Windowed Mode and then tweak the video setting by using the lower settings. Furthermore, it is usually varied based on certain computers and hardware and also the software combination. That is why; we will not cover it here.
Disable the antivirus program temporarily
Most of the users known that the antivirus program in a computer can be incompatible with the steam games, including the Fallout 4; that is why; you have to check your antivirus program as well. To do this fourth solution, below are the complete steps to do:
- You need to disable the antivirus program that is installed on your computer temporarily
- After that, open your Fallout 4 on your computer to find out whether it is working or not
- If this way is working, it means that there is an issue with your antivirus program and you have to add the Fallout 4 into the exception in your antivirus program.
If the Fallout 4 crash on startup persists, you have to try the other solution below.
Configure the settings in your Fallout 4
For your information, the improper setting of the Fallout 4 can lead the crash issue. That is why; you have to check for the setting by doing the actions below:
- Check the resolution of your computer and the resolution that is set in your Fallout 4. Make sure that both of those resolutions are the same.
- After that, go to the graphics adapter and resolution settings on your Fallout 4. After that, check the Windowed Mode and Borderless.
- The next thing to do is uncheck the enable intro video or you can check the Disable Intro Video on the Fallout 4 setting.
- Uncheck the Enable God Rays part
The last thing is that save that setting and restart the Fallout 4 to see whether it is working or not. You just need to try the solutions above and find the right one for you.