MAC or the Media Access Control is like the unique hardware ID that is owned by each network device or interface; such as the laptop’s WiFi adapter. If you use the Windows 10 system, you can easily find the Mac Address on it by just following some steps that we will share below.
Why do you need to find your Mac Address windows 10? Actually, there are several reasons why you have to find your Mac Address where the Mac Address is also known as the hardware address or the physical address. For the example, knowing the Mac Address will be beneficial if you want to set up the routers. You can use this Mac Address filtering to specify the devices which are allowed to connect to a network and it is based on their Mac Address. However, we can say that it is not the right way to secure your network because the Mac Address can be spoofed or changed easily.
Another reason why you have to find the Mac Address in the Windows 10 is when your router lists connected devices by their Mac Address and in the other side, you want to find out which device is which. Maybe, there are also some other reasons why someone wants to find his or her Mac Address in the Windows 10.
It is lucky for you because, in fact, it is not difficult to find the Mac Address in the Windows 10; there are two basic ways that you can have. Those ways are using the command prompt in the setting details or you can use the network adapter.
Which way is better to use? Actually, it is based on what do you want to do with the Mac Address or with this physical address. Here is the common condition that is usually happened and it can make you are easier to choose one of the methods.
- The first condition is when you want to copy the Mac Address to the clipboard in order for licensing the software or something that is quite similar. If this is your reason, we recommend you to find the Mac Address by using the command prompt method.
- If the first method above is not your reason, then you don’t need to utilize the command prompt to find out and see your Mac Address. What you can do is just to head to the setting option.
So, which one is becoming your condition? No matter what the method that you choose, it is essential to know the complete instructions to do each of the methods above. If you really want to know about it, you are in the right place because we will talk more about how to find my Mac Address in Windows 10 by using those both methods. So, check this out.
Find the Mac Address in the Network Connection Settings
First of all, we will explain the way of how to find the Mac Address in Windows 10 through the Network Connection settings. Follow the steps below to do this first method:
- The first thing that you need to do is searching for the network connection menu that is located in the taskbar part. After that, select the View Network connection or you can navigate to the Control Panel and then choose the ‘Network and Internet’. After that, you must choose the Network Connection option.
- Next, right-click on the ‘Network Connection’ and then choose the status option
- The third step is by clicking the details button that is located there.
- After that, you need to locate the Physical address or the Mac Address. We can inform that your Mac Address is the value for the physical address in the Network Connection Windows.
It is so easy, isn’t it? You can try it by yourself to gain more knowledge and experience with your Windows 10. We can say again that this first method is suitable for you who don’t want to copy the Mac Address to the clipboard in order for licensing the software or something that is quite similar.
In addition, you can also find the Mac Address by looking at the details of your network adapter that is located in the Windows 10.
Find the Mac Address through a Command Prompt
Some people or users reported that using the command prompt to find the Mac Address in their Windows 10 is the quickest way. That is why; it can be the perfect method too for you. This method is also so simple and easy to do. Check out the complete instructions below:
- First of all, open your command prompt. To do so, you need to right-click the start button and then choose the Command Prompt from the menu that is located there.
- After that type the ipconfig /all and then press the Enter button. This action will display the network configuration that you have in your Windows 10.
- The third step is finding your Mac Address or the Physical Address. To do this third step, you can scroll down to the network adapter and then find out the values next to the ‘Physical Address’. We can inform that it is your Mac Address.
So, you can also try this second method to find out whether it is the perfect solution for you or not in order to find the Mac Address in your Windows 10.
Find the Mac Address Using the Powershell
If both of the methods above are not working, you can try to find out the Mac Address by using the Powershell. Here are the complete instructions:
- First of all, you need to open your PowerShell
- After that, you have to type this command: get-netadapter
- In the output of this cmdlet, you will see the Mac Address Column where it contains the information about your Mac Address.
That’s it! This third method is also super easy and simple to use, but if you want to try this step please make sure that you have the PowerShell.