If you are a Windows user, including the Windows 7, you must be known that some issues can happen on your Windows program. One of those issues is the gwxux stopped working Windows 7.
That problem commonly appears especially when you are installing updates. Actually, the gwxux is a Windows update that is also called as the KB3035583. Some people maybe though that they don’t have any options that choosing the close program option when they encounter this problem.
In fact, there are various ways or solutions that you can try due to this issue. Here are the methods or solutions to fix the gwxux stopped Windows issue that we will share.
- Delete Update “KB3035583”
This is the first method that you can do for fixing the gwxux stopped working Windows 10. We can say that it is the most working solution that you have to try. In this method, you can just remove the update that creates a problem. Follow these steps for doing this solution:
- First of all, you can go to the start menu and then choose the ‘Setting’ option from that menu
- In that settings menu, choose the category of ‘Update and Security’
- Next, you need to click the windows update option from the left panel. There you can see the contents in the right panel.
- After that, click the advanced options in the right panel.
- Now, you can click the un-install updates
- Then, you can see the installed updates list. From there, you have to look for the desired update and then click the uninstall option that appears above.
- You have to restart the system and the disable the features of Windows Updates.
That’s it. It is an easy solution that you need to try. However, if this first method is not working for you, you can try the other methods below.
- Use the Registry Editor
The other solution to fix the gwxux stopped working Windows 7 is by using the registry editor. However, we can say that this solution is suitable if you are an expert user of Windows. To do so, you can follow these steps:
- First, right-click the start button and then choose the Run dialogue box from the menu of WinX. Type “regedit” and then press the enter button for launching the registry editor
- There, you have to click “HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE” category and then choose the “SOFTWARE” option from that.
- Click the “Policies” for expanding it and then select the Microsoft so you can move ahead
- After that, select the gwx from there. If you cannot find that, you can right-click the Microsoft option and then choose the “New” and “String” from there.
- Then, assign it with the name of “Gwx” Key.
- As you click the Gwx, you can see the contents in the right panel.
- After that, you have to right-click in the right panel or on an empty place
- Then, choose the new option and the DWORD 32-bit Value from it.
- Assign it to the name of disableGwx
- Double click that ‘DisableGwx’ for edition the DWORD 32-bit Value. The default is written 0 and you can replace it with ‘1’ to disable the update
After that, you can close the registry editor and then restart your computer.
- Run the Antivirus Scan
The gwux stopped working windows 7 can be caused by the deadly virus on your system. That is why; running the antivirus scan can be the other solution to fix that problem. To do so, you just need to run it as usual.
- Run the System File Checker
The system file checker can detect and repair the files system that is corrupted. That is why; it is also a great idea to run this built-in tool for checking and repairing the system file. Here are some recommended steps that you can follow to do this solution:
- First of all, right-click the start button and then choose the command prompt (admin) from the WinX menu
- After that, type this: sfc /scannow. This action will start the system file checker scan. It will need some bit times. What you can do is just waiting until the scan and the verification process is completed or 100% done.
- After it is done, you have to close the Command Prompt Windows and then reboot your system.
- Next, launch the Windows Update and then choose check for updates option that is useful for installing the pending updates.
This method is simple to do and it is also working for some users.
- Install the Update Manually
If you are trying to download the Windows update and this issue still happens, you can add or install the desired update manually. For an example, you have to install the KB3035583 update package manually if you want to fix the gwux stopped working Windows 7. Below are the steps to follow:
- First of all, you have to follow this link. This action is to launch the Microsoft Update Catalog
- After that, you will see the search box. Type the update package number of KB3034483.
- Press the ENTER button for exploring it.
- After that, you will see the update lists. You have to search for the KB3035583 for the version of the windows that you use.
- After you got it, choose the additional option for picking it from that list.
- Then, click the view basket option for launching the basket. Choose the update option and click the Download part for starting the download process.
- In the next window, choose the location in your system for saving the update and then click the CONTINUE part
- After the process is over, you need to close the download window and then go to the folder as the location of where the update is saved.
- Double-click that folder to start the installation
That’s it! Usually, the gwxux stopped working Windows 7 issue will not appear again.