Kindle Fire is the mini-computer tablet as a reader for the Kindle e-book in Amazon.com. We can say that Fire is a popular tablet that is made by Amazon. This device gets its popularity really fast due to its solid hardware and also affordability. Although it is a great device, some users reported that this device was not recognized by Windows 10 or by the other Windows system. That is why; today we will share some solutions to fix that.
SOLUTION 1: Installing the MTP USB Device Driver
If some devices are not detected in your Windows, it can be caused by the missing driver. To fix this problem, you can install the driver manually because it is so simple. Below are the steps:
- You need to press the Windows Key and X button together to open the Win + X menu. After that, choose the Device Manager in that list.
- After the Device Manager is opened, you have to go to the VIEW part and then check the “Show hidden device” option.
- Search for the Kindle Fire in Device Manager. If it is not installed properly, you have to see it as the Portable device with the yellow exclamation mark next to it. You can right-click it and then choose the Update Driver Option.
- Chose the option to Browse your Computer for the Driver Software
- After that, select the option of Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
- Select the Portable Device part and click NEXT
- You need to uncheck the part of Show Compatible Hardware and then choose the MTP USB Device.
- Click on the NEXT option for installing the driver.
After installing this MTP Driver, usually your computer will recognize the Kindle Fire and you can transfer any files that you want.
SOLUTION 2: Downloading the Latest Version of Kindle Fire
If the kindle fire that you have is not recognized by the Windows, maybe it is because of the Kindle app itself. If the app is outdated, it may trigger this issue. Some users reported that installing the latest version of the Kindle fire can solve this problem. You can even still try this way even you had already downloaded the latest version of the Kindle Fire.
SOLUTION 3: Setting your device to connect as a camera
Some users said that you can fix the Kindle Fire not showing up on Windows 10 by connecting the Kindle Fire as a camera. To do this solution, you can open the pull-down menu and choose it by going to the Settings > storage part on your tablet. For your information, the other users also stated that they can fix this problem by connecting the Kindle Fire as the USB Device or MTP. You can also do this thing from the storage section. It is not a permanent solution, but you can always try it when the problem occurs.
SOLUTION 4: Transferring the files over the WiFi Network
To do this solution, you can use the Amazon Cloud Drive and the File Manager. The other application that can be your reference is the “Send to Kindle” and the WiFi explorer. By using this app, you can transfer the files to Kindle over the WiFi network. This is just the workaround solution, but it can be useful if you really need to transfer some important files at a certain time.
SOLUTION 5: Trying the Different Cable
If the Kindle Fire is not recognized by Windows, it can be caused by your cable. Sometimes, the cable can stop working due to the damage or the other reasons. If it is the case, it means that you need to replace the cable. After that, try to check whether this issue is solved or not. Some users said that they had tried some different USB cables before they find the best one for them. In addition, some other users also suggested using the non-Amazon cable. You may try this too.
SOLUTION 6: Connecting the Kindle to the PC and then Restarting It
In fact, the Kindle Fire not showing up on Windows 10 issue can be solved by simply connecting the Kindle with your PC and then restarting it again for few times. Here are the steps to do this solution:
- First of all, connect the Kindle with your computer
- After that, restart it
- If everything is in order, there will be a sound that you can hear. If it is not, you can repeat the previous steps above until you hear the connection sound.
- Next, enter your PIN Code on the kindle. If you get a message stating a low-capacity charger, you can just ignore it.
- Go to “this PC” option and you can find the Fire Drive next to “My Pictures” or My music option.
You have to try this solution as well.
SOLUTION 7: Turning off both the devices and use Calibre for transferring files
To try this method, try these following ways:
- First of all, turn off the computer or PC and Kindle. After that, disconnect all the cables
- Then, turn on the PC again
- After that, open Calibre and connect the Kindle to the PC
- Turn on your Kindle
Usually, after doing the steps above Windows will recognize your Kindle and you can transfer any files without any problems.
SOLUTION 8: Connect Your Device to the Different USB port
Some people said that the Kindle was not recognized when it is connected to a USB 3.0 port. This USB port is relatively new and maybe some older devices cannot have the capabilities to deal with it. If you are using the USB 3.0 port, maybe you need to try for connecting the Kindle to the USB 2.0 port. Some users reported that it can fix the issue, so it is better to try this simple solution. However, some users also reported that the Kindle can be recognized only when it is connected to the USB 3.0 Port.