The SATA AHCI Driver is really important especially if you want to install Windows in AHC mode instead of using the IDE. AHCI or the advanced host controller interface makes the Native Command Queuing or the NCQ as well as the hot swapping or plugging through SATA host controller possible. That is why; before you are enabling the AHCI mode in the UEFI or BIOS, please ensure that you download and install the AHCI driver correctly.
So, are there any SATA AHCI drivers installed on your computer? If you are not sure about this thing or if you experience any driver problems when you are installing the AHCI driver, you may not worry because we will share some methods or tutorial that will let you download and also install the SATA AHCI driver properly.
Basically, there are two kinds of methods that you can do; first of all, you can download and install the SATA AHCI Driver manually or you can download the SATA AHCI Driver automatically. Check out the further information below.
Download and Install the SATA AHCI Driver Manually
The first thing that you can do to download and install the SATA AHCI driver for Windows 10 is by doing it manually. Here are the complete instructions that you can do to download this AHCI driver manually:
- First of all, you can download the AHCI driver from the Internet. For the Windows 10, you can go to the Asus Support Page and then you can download the AHCI driver that you need. You can also download that driver elsewhere. However, you have to make sure that the driver is signed in case of Windows 10 Anniversary driver signature digitally.
- After that, you can install the driver. To do so, you can use the Windows shortcut keys by pressing the win + x button together that will bring you to the Jump List. Then, choose the device manager and after that expand the ‘IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers’ entry.
- The next thing to do is navigate to your SATA AHCI Controller that is the device which you are going to install the driver on. You have to right-click on it and choose the option of update driver software.
- After that, click the ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ option and then click the option of letting me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- After doing some instructions above, then you need to choose the model from the box and then click the option of having the disk.
- Then, choose and click the browse option for the location the AHCI driver that you have stored
- After that, press and click OK for installing the driver.
After doing the whole steps above, you need to wait sometimes until the installation is finished. After it is finished, you need to restart your computer to ensure that the driver will take the effect. Then, it is the right time to enter the BIOS for enabling the AHCI mode.
This first method is working for some of the Windows 10 users. That is why; it is worth to try. If this first method is not working for you, then you can try the other method that we will share below.
Download and Install the SATA AHCI Driver Automatically
The first method above lets you download the AHCI Driver manually. Actually, download the AHCI Driver manually needs more time and the serious PC problems can happen if you install the incorrect driver. You may not be scared because we offer you with the second option where you can download and install the AHCI Driver automatically.
We can say that this method is easier and has a lower risk. You can try to download them all in one driver update utility, and after that, you are able to download and install the related driver in one time and then solve or fix the AHCI Driver without any difficulties.
Do you want to know the further steps of this second method? Follow these instructions to do this method:
- First of all, you need to do the free scan of your computer. To do so, click the scan option for detecting whether there is any incorrect or missing configured AHCI Driver.
- After that, you can download and install the driver just in one click. To do so, you need to click the ‘Update’ option for downloading the AHCI Driver properly for your Windows 10. Or, you can click the option of repair for fixing the driver problem instantly.
- Now, it is the right time to restart your PC. Please don’t forget to reboot for making the driver changes that you did take an effect.
That’s it! Those are the steps that you can do for downloading and installing the AHCI Driver automatically. This second method is way easier than the first method above. That is why; you have to try it for finding out whether it is the right method or not for you.
One more thing that we want to share is that please remember that there are several notes that you need to know, such as:
- Don’t forget to back up the drivers or you can create a system of restore point before any system is changed later. If you don’t do this thing, the Window crashes may annoy you.
- In fact, various brands of PCs that are used by the users are maybe using the different SATA drivers. That is why; please ensure that you find the right link of the driver that is suitable with your PC brand.
Those are the steps and information that we can share about how to download the AHCI Driver for your Windows 10. Those two methods have their own pros and cons. You can choose one that suits with yourself. We hope that this article is beneficial so that you can use your Windows 10 more comfortable.