Windows has a lot of issues that attach to it where those issues can create an uncomfortable experience for the users. One of the common issues that always happens is maybe he Window is unable to stop the device USB attached scsi. This issue is also known as the problem ejecting USB mass storage device. Is that problem also has happened to you? If it is so, you are in the right place because in this article we will share some methods or solutions to fix this problem. Check this out.
Note: Before you are trying to follow the methods below, you have to know which one that you need to remove. If it is your condition, you can open the Windows Explorer that is also known as the File Explorer if you use the Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. After that, go to the computer section where in that location you can see all the partitions. Then, browse each of the devices and find out the one that you want to remove. Next, just remember the name, size and drive letter.
Removing the USB Mass Storage in the Disk Management
To solve the Windows is unable to stop the device USB attached SCSI issue in your Windows device, you can remove the USB mass storage in the disk management. Below are the complete guides to do so:
- First of all, you have to open Disk Management. After that, right click on the option of my computer and then choose the manage option.
- Then, you need to choose the Disk Management under storage from the left panel.
- The third step to do is locating the right click the drive which you want to remove safely and then choose the eject option.
How if you want to eject the external hard drive? If you want to do this, you can see the option offline instead of the Eject option. After that, you have to go to the taskbar for ejecting the device. When you plug the external hard disk to back to the computer, you need to open the Disk Management and the next thing to do is turning it into the online option.
Note: you have to check whether you have closed all the files in the USB Drive and application or not.
Safely Unplug the Removable Device
To do this second method, below are the instructions that you can follow:
- First of all, you have to click the safe removal icon that you can find in the notification area of the taskbar. After that, usually a menu will be displayed and you will see the list of plug and play devices that support the safe removal and which are attached to your computer.
- The next thing to do is selecting the device that you want to eject. If the USB drive that you want to eject is not listed there, it means that your driver does not support the safe removal. If it has happened to you, maybe you can try the rest methods.
- The third step is that you need to unplug the USB disk when you see a notification that states ‘it is now safe to unplug the device’.
This second method is working for some users. That is why; maybe it is also the perfect method that you can do to fix the Windows is unable to stop the device USB attached SCSI issue.
Eject the USB Drive in the Device Manager
If those second methods above are not working for you, you can try this third method where you have to eject the USB drive in the device manager. Here are the complete steps to follow:
- The first thing to do is open the Device Manager.
- Then, click the start button and then choose the Control Panel Option.
- After that, click the ‘Hardware and Sound’ and then choose the ‘device manager’ option
- The next step is clicking the disk drives and you will see all the storage devices attached to your computer.
- Then, right-click the one that cannot eject and then choose the uninstall option
- Click the OK button to confirm the Device Uninstall Message box that warns you about an action for uninstalling the device from the system. If you choose the option of deleting the driver software for this device, this action will remove the driver package from your driver store.
- Wait for a while and when the uninstall process is complete, you can remove the device.
Just try this method to find out whether it is the right solution for you or not to fix the Windows is unable to stop the device USB attached SCSI.
Eject the USB Driver Using the Free Partition Manager
The next method is by ejecting the USB Driver by using the free partition manager. This way is really quick, functional and flexible too. To do this method you can follow the steps below:
- First of all, you have to launch the Partition Guru and you will see the list of devices that you want to remove
- Next, you have to choose that disk and then click the Disk option for choosing the safely eject the disk
- The last step is unplugging the disk after the Partition Guru ejects it.
It is done. It is so simple, isn’t it? This fourth method is suitable for you who are looking for the simplest way to solve the Windows is unable to stop the device USB attached scsi problem.
Those are four different and easy solution that can become your recommendation to fix the Windows is unable to stop the device USB attached scsi issue. You can try all the methods above to find out the best one for you. Asking the professional is also recommended if you cannot do it by yourself. However, if you are bothered to do so, you have to back up all the data before unplugging the device directly.