The unexpected store exception is maybe the common problem that is happened to most of the Windows 10 users. Update that is owned by the windows 10 will make you be able to enjoy a lot of great features. However, sometimes the unwanted exceptions and errors have happened. One of those cases is the Windows 10 unexpected store exception where it will force you to restart the device at any time it appears.
For your information, the Windows 10 Unexpected store exception has been a trouble for most users, especially after they updated the Windows 10 from the previous version. Usually, it will come with the problem of the blue screen, death or the dreaded BSOD. In case, it can be also caused by your anti-virus program. In fact, it can be caused by many different reasons.
Thanks God because there are some solutions that you can try to solve this problem. Here are some of the methods and solutions that can be beneficial to repair the Windows 10 Unexpected Store Exception.
Solution 1: Uninstall the Anti Virus Program
Microsoft Defender is the powerful and the default virus protection on your Windows 10. That is why; it is totally fine if you uninstall your antivirus because your Windows 10 still be guarded. Below are some steps that you can do to uninstall the antivirus program in the Windows 10 devices:
- Press the windows key + X for pulling up the pop-up menu above the start button to appear
- Choose the ‘control panel’ from the list
- You will see a section with the name of Programs, click on that section
- From that Program section, you will find some programs’ list that is installed on your computer. Find your anti-virus software.
- If you installed many versions of the anti-virus software, you have to uninstall all of them. To do so, right click on the selection and choose the uninstall
- A dialog box will be shown in which it is asking that you really want to proceed with the un-installation or not; click “yes”
- Follow the onscreen steps in order to complete the uninstallation process
- After that, restart your computer
If you do the steps above, the chance for having the Windows 10 Unexpected Store Exception is so low. If you are still experiencing the error, you can try our other methods below.
Solution 3: Check the Hard Disk Health
Some users said that the Windows 10 Unexpected Store Exception problem sometimes appears when they found a problem with their hard disk health. Some of them also reported that the dying hard drive can be the cause as well. If you thought that the error is because your hard disk health, you can follow these steps.
To check the hard-disk health, you can download and run the “Crystal Disk”. Download and install it and you can launch it in the main window. The normal hard drive will be addressed with the ‘Good’ result. However, if your hard-disk is having some issues, it will say “Bad”, for the example.
If that tool says that your hard-disk is bad, then maybe it is the cause of the Windows 10 Unexpected Store Exception problem. To solve those issues, you can replace the hard drive.
Solution 4: Checking the Driver Issues
If you own the Lenovo machine and have the same issue, follow these steps to solve the Windows 10 Unexpected Store Exception problem:
- Disabling the automated installation of drivers. To do so, type msc in the start menu search. In the left hand-side of the window, you may see the ‘computer configuration’, expand that option.
- Expand the ‘administrative templates’ and then expand ‘system’. After that, followed by expanding the device installation
- Click the Device Installation option
- In the window that is located on the right hand side, you may see the “Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings”. Do the double click on it.
- A window will be appeared, choose to enable and then press OK
- Restart your computer
- After that, press the windows key+x and choose the “select Manager” to invoke the start menu pop-up
- From the device manager, go to the sound video and game controllers and then right click on the Conexant SmartAudio or the IDT High Definition Audio
- From the list, click the uninstall and make sure that the box of “delete the driver software for the device is checked”
- Click the windows key+x and choose the ‘program and features’ option
- Uninstall everything that you can find that is related to the Conexant/IDT and Dolby
- Reboot your computer.
- Once it is rebooted, you have to download the Dolby and Audio Component by using this link: Audio driver (Conexant) for 64 bit Windows- Lenovo G410, G510
- Install the downloaded driver and then restart the machine
After doing the steps above, usually, you will not face the Windows 10 Unexpected store exception again.
Solution 2: Repairing the Corrupt System Files
To do so, you have to download and run the Reimage Plus for scanning and restoring the missing and corrupt files. You have to notice that it is essential to make sure that all of your system files are intact and not corrupt before you precede the solution below.
RUNNING THE SYSTEM FILE CHECKER
SFC or the System File Checker is a tool present in the Microsoft Windows that allow the users to scanning their computer to corrupt files in the operating system. This tool has been there since Windows 98. To do the checking process, please follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows+R button for launching the run application.
- Type the taskmgr in the dialog box and press enter
- Click on the file option present that is located at the top left side of the window
- Choose the “run new task”
- Type ‘powershell’ in the dialogue box and check the option that states create this task with administrative privileges
- Type the sfc/scannow in the windows PowerShell and press enter.
- If you experience an error, you can type “DISM/Online/Cleanup-image/RestoreHealth” in the PowerShell.
This process may take sometimes.