For some Windows users, the activate Windows 10 watermark is maybe a kind of problem that they have ever had. Most of them will try to reboot or update their Windows 10 several times, but nothing happened because the watermark has still existed. Maybe this problem is not harmful, but in some cases, it can make you are not comfortable using the Windows 10 computer.
Thank God because in fact there are several solutions of methods that you can do for fixing or removing “go to settings to activate windows” watermark. Check out in the description below to find the complete answer.
Remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark by killing the process
The first solution that you can do is killing the process to remove the watermark. At least, it is the information based on the details provided. To do this first method, you can follow the simple steps below:
- First of all, open the notepad option
- After that, you can type these following commands: @echo off; taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe; exit; explorer.exe
- Then, save as the activation.bat
- The next thing to do is locating it in your file manager
- After that, right-click and then choose the option of “run as administrator”
- Restart your PC to check whether this solution is working or not.
You can try this first method or solution because it is quite simple to do. However, if it is not working, it is a great idea to try the other solutions that we will describe as well.
Remove the activate Windows 10 watermark by using the Registry tweaks
The next solution that you can use in order to answer the question of how to remove the activate Windows 10 watermark is by using the Registry tweaks. We can say that it is also the simple method that is worth to try.
To do this second solution, you need to open the Windows registry editor where you can press the Windows button ++ R button together. After that, type ‘regedit’ and then press the enter key. After that, expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
Now you have to double click on the value of ‘Paint desktop version’ that is located in the right-hand window. After that, change the value of ‘1’ into an ‘O’ and then click the OK button for saving the changes that you have made. The next thing to do is close the registry editor and any other programs and you need to restart your computer.
Many of the Windows users said that it is the great tweak that you can do to remove the activate Windows watermark permanently from your Windows 10 Desktop laptop or computer.
Remove the activate Windows 10 watermark by the ease of access settings
The third solution that can be used is by changing the ease of access settings. In fact, this solution is reported by the users because it is quite effective to fix the Activate Windows 10 watermarks. To do that, here are the complete steps to do:
- You need to press the ‘Windows key” + S button on your keyboard together to enter the control panel part.
- That is why; you can choose the Control Panel option from the lists of the results
- After that, choose the ‘Ease of Access Center’ from the list
- You need to click the option of ‘Make the Computer easier to see’.
- Next, check to Remove Background Images (where available) and then click the Apply button and click the OK button for saving this change.
After following the whole five steps above, usually, the background should disappear. However, it will make the watermark is gone too. Maybe, it is a crude solution, but this third solution is quite effective to try.
Another Best Post, you may interested
Remove the activate Windows 10 watermark by changing your background image
If you still cannot find the right solution to remove the activate Windows 10 watermark, you can try the other solutions below. This fifth solution is done by changing your background image. Doing the few changes in your background image can fix this issue, at least it is the thing that was reported by some users.
To do this solution, here are the complete instructions that you can do:
- First of all, press the Windows key together with the R button
- After that, enter this command: %appdata% and then press the Enter button that is followed by click the OK button.
- Next, you need to navigate to the Roaming\MICROSOFT\Windows\Themesdirectory
- Then, you have to create a copy of the Transcoded wallpaper in the Themes Directory
- After that, you can go to the View tab and then check for the File Name Extensions
- Open the directory of the Cached Files and then right click on the image that is available
- Choose ‘rename’ option from the menu. You need to ensure that you have copied all the name of the image. The example that we have is CachedImage_1920_1080_POS1.jpg (however, it can be different in your computer).
- Next, you have to go back to the themes directory and rename with TranscodedWallpaper – Copy to CachedImage_1920_1080_POS1.jpg. You need to keep in your mind you have to use the file name that you got in step 7 above. It means that you may not use the same file name as we used because it will be not working for you.
- The next thing to do is copying the CachedImage_1920_1080_POS1.jpg to the Cached files directory. Usually, you will see the ‘Replace or skip’ file dialog. What you need to choose is the ‘replace the file in the destination’
After doing the steps above, usually, the activate Windows 10 watermark has been completely removed. It means that you can use your computer or Windows 10 more comfortably.
So, those are some methods or solutions that you can do in order to remove “go to settings to activate windows” the active Windows 10 watermark. Since the steps above are simple, you can even try it by yourself. However, if you thought that you are not confident enough to try the solutions, you can ask for the help from the other people who know more about how to operate the computer.
Have a try then.