There are some programs and applications that can be installed by the Microsoft Windows 10 users for their Windows 10 program. Usually, the users will install the programs to make their experience of using the Windows 10 is better than before. One of the programs that are always installed by the users is the Microsoft Loopback Adapter that is used for several aims. If you also want to download this program, here are some methods that you can try how to use microsoft loopback adapter windows 10. Check this out.
How to Install microsoft loopback adapter windows 10
Actually, we have several methods and solutions to try. Let us start from the first method and below are the steps that you need to do:
- First of all, right-click on the icon of the Windows start menu and then choose the device manager
- After that, click the option of action and then choose the ‘add legacy hardware’
- Next, you need to choose the install the hardware that I manually select from a list and then click the next button that is available there.
- The fourth step is to choose ‘Microsoft’ as the manufacturer and then choose the Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter card, model
- After that, click on the next option
- The next step to do is choose the finish option that is available there.
Those are the steps to do this first method. Those guides are so easy, aren’t they? That is why; you need to try this method to install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter Windows 10 properly.
If you already tried the first method above and found out that it is not working, maybe you can try the second method that we will share. This second method has the longer steps and instructions, but it is also so easy to do. In this method, you need to use the DevCon utility at the command prompt. Below are the complete ways to download and run the devcon loopback adapter utility:
First of all, you need to download the DevCon compressed file and then you need to extract the files. Here are the ways to do it:
- Visit the Microsoft Website by clicking this link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/1/f/11f7dd10-272d-4cd2-896f-9ce67f3e0240/devcon.exe
- After that, save the Devcon.exe file to the certain folder on your computer. Then, open that folder
- Then, double-click the devcon.exe
- The ‘WinZip Self-Extractor’ dialog will appear
- In the box of Unzip to the path, you need to type the folder where you need or want to unzip the files. After that, click the Unzip option.
- The next thing that you need to do is clicking the OK button and then choose close to completing the unzip process.
After doing the six steps above, you can continue to install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter. Below are the instructions to do that:
- At the command prompt, you need to change the directory to a folder as the place where you extracted the files of DevCon.
- Then, change the directory to the i386 folder
- The next thing to do is typing this command: devcon.exe install %windir%\inf\netloop.inf *msloop
- Press or hit the ENTER button
After pressing the ENTER button, you will see a command that states device node created. Install is complete when drivers are updated …… drivers updated successfully. If you have seen that command or information, you need to close the command prompt.
Now, you are ready to do the further step for installing the Microsoft Loopback Adapter in your Windows 10. To do so, you have to click the start menu and then choose the control panel option. After that, click the network connections option for verifying that the Microsoft Loopback Adapter Windows 10 has been installed successfully.
This second method is working really well for some users. However, if this method is not proper for you, you may not be worried because we still have one more solution or method to try.
We have stated above that we still have one more method how to use microsoft loopback adapter windows 10 that is maybe suitable for you. Here are the complete steps that you can follow to do this third method:
- First of all, you have to go to the control panel
- After that, double-click to the Add Hardware and then choose the next option
- Then, click the yes, I have already connected to the hardware. After that choose the next option
- At the bottom part of the installed hardware list, you need to click the option of add a new hardware device and then click the NEXT option
- The next step to do is clicking the install the hardware that I manually select from a list option and then choose the NEXT option
- After that, in the ‘Common Hardware Types’ list, you need to choose the network adapters option and then click the NEXT option again.
- In the ‘Manufacturers’ List box, you have to click the ‘Microsoft’ option that is available there
- In the list box of the Network Adapter, you need to click the ‘Microsoft Loopback Adapter’ and then choose the next option.
- Then, click the next option again to start installing the drivers that are needed for your hardware
- After that, click the FINISH button that is available there.
It is so easy, isn’t it? You are free to try this third method if you want to install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter Windows 10. This method is so easy where you can try it by yourself. However, if you are struggling to do the methods above, you can ask the help from the professionals or from them who are expert about computer and its programs.
Well, those are the third methods that we can share about installing the Microsoft Loopback Adapter Windows 10. Commonly, the third methods above are working for the Windows 10 users, so that we hope that the methods are also working for you.
So, have a try to find which one of the methods above is perfect for you to install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter Windows 10.