As a Window user, most of you maybe know that there are several problems or issues due to its usage. One of the issues is about there is no default mail client outlook 2016. Usually, this problem has happened when you are running the Microsoft Outlook. You may see this error message. In addition, you can run into this problem when you are trying to send an email from the third party application.
Furthermore, the other source states that this issue can be caused by the Adobe Acrobat or when you are running the Windows 10 Technical Preview and office 365. The “Either there is no Default Mail Client Outlook 2016” can randomly pop up whether even you are not trying to send an email.
This issue can be caused by some problems or actions. Here are some of the causes that are triggering this problem:
- You are using the Outlook 64-bit and the 32-bit programs that cannot see the 64-bit programs
- It can be also caused by the application after you are installing the office. That is why; the only way to fix it is repairing the Office.
- The third reason is that Internet Explorer is set for using Windows Live.
Those are common reasons that cause the “Either there is no default Mail client outlook 2016” that are usually reported by the users.
When we talk about the issue, then we need to know about the solution too. In fact, there are some solutions that you can use to fix this “Either there is no Default Mail Client Outlook 2016” problem. We can take an example by using the tools that is called the “Microsoft FixIt app”. However, this app will don’t work if you are running the Windows 10 Technical Preview. In addition, you also need to edit the registry and then run the office repair. In order to solve the “Either there is no Default Mail Client Outlook 2016”, below are some methods or solutions that we will share.
Fix Mail Client by Registry Editor
This first method is quite easy to do and maybe it is the best one for you. Here are the further instructions that you can try:
- Click the start option and then click the RUN part
- In an Open Box type, you have to type “regedit” and after that press the ENTER button
- In the Registry Editor, locate the following subkey in the registry of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareClientsMailMicrosoft
- Choose the Subkey and then press the DELETE button
- Choose or Click the Yes option
- After that, you have to quit from the Registry Editor
- Start the Microsoft Outlook
- If you use the Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2002, you need to click the HELP menu and then click the “Detect and Repair” option
- For the Outlook 2007, what you need to do is click the Help Menu and then choose the Office Diagnostic
- For the office 2010, you have to click the START option and then choose the CONTROL PANEL. After that click the “Program and Features” and after that choose Microsoft Office 2010. The next thing that you can do is clicking the CHANGE Button and then choosing the Repair option. Click the “Continue” option after that.
What you can do next is just following the instructions that are displayed on the screen in order to complete this repair.
Verify Outlook as the default Email Client
This second method is done by verifying the outlook is set as default mail client. For verifying Outlook is indeed ser as the default email client here is the steps to follow:
- First of all, in the Outlook, you have to go to the File > Options > General. After that find out whether the Outlook is set as the default client or not.
- After that, you need to check the Windows settings
In addition, you have to do the different steps if you use Windows 10. What are those steps? Below is the complete explanation.
- Open the SETTING option
- After that, you need to type the ‘Default Apps’ in the Find a setting field
- Next, you have to set the Verify Outlook as the default Email Client at the top part of the page
It is done. You can do the three easy steps below for your Windows 10.
Actually, the steps to fix the issue are also different when you use the older versions of Windows. Here are the complete instructions that you need to follow if you use the older versions of Windows:
- First of all, open the control panel and then search for Default Programs
- Next, choose the Set Default Programs Link
- After that, you have to choose the Microsoft Outlook option from the program list
- Just click the option that states set the program as default that you can see there
The steps above are quite easy and we hope it can fix your “either there is no default mail client Outlook 2016” whatever the kind of Window that you use is.
Another Best Post, you may interested
Installing the traditional Office look
This third method is for you who are using the Outlook 2010 Home and Business C2R. If you use this tool, you have to uninstall it first and then log into the download site. After that, you need to download the MSI. This action will start installing the traditional Office look that is recognized by the other applications. Usually, this way is also effective for solving the “either there is no default mail client Outlook 2016” problem.
However, you have to note that all the Office 2013 suites that are sold “retail” are the “click to run”. It means that this thing was designed to work like the Traditional MSI Installation that you have ever met. In addition, there are only certain volume licenses that include the MSI Installation.
Those are the complete three methods that can fix the “either there is no default mail client Outlook 2016” problem. You can try the solutions above and choose one that suits you the most.