Do you want to send fax from phone? People might see this question as a non-sense. It is true, though. Rather than using a fax, we can easily email our message or document. Then, if the recipient needs a physical document, they can print the email they receive. It is as simple as that.
However, there are many times when we still need to send a fax. For example, the document we are going to send is important and is only available in physical form. Using a scanner will only take too much time. A fax machine can simplify this matter. Now, the problem is when you don’t have a fax machine to send this document. So, here is the question. Can i send a fax from my phone?
If it is doable, we don’t need to worry about doesn’t have a fax machine. We can use our phone to send the document to the recipient fax machine. And, guess what!? We can do that.
How to Send a Fax from My Phone
This is maybe the important question that you want to know its answer. The first thing you need to do is scanning your document. Therefore, you must have an image scanner app installed on your phone. You can find many of them. Or, you also can use the built-in photo editor to do that, if it has the scanner feature.
Use that app to scan the document by taking its picture. The app will process it to change it into digital form. Now, you are ready to use your phone to send a fax. The best benefit of using this method is you don’t need to find, where can i send a fax near me? You don’t need to visit a store to pay for their fax machine to do that. Everything can be done via your mobile device.
– Send a Fax Using App
The first method is using a mobile app to send a fax. There are many apps you can use. However, for the best and safety process, you can use the RingCentralFax app. Here is the guide for sending a fax using this app.
- Download and install the app, and pay for its service/subscription,
- Launch the app, and tap “Message” on the lower-left corner,
- On the Message page, tap “Fax”,
- Tap the pencil in a rectangle icon. This is the button for creating a new message or fax,
- You will be brought to the sending page. On the “To:” field, enter the recipient fax number. Or, you also can tap the “+” icon to use the fax number that you save in your phone contact list.
- Tap the paper clip icon (Attach icon) to attack the file that you want to send fax from android.
- Choose the location of that file. If you keep your scanned document on your phone, choose “Documents” or “Photos”, and this app will open your file manager. Or, you also can choose a file directly from DropBox or GDrive.
- Once you select the file, tap the “Send” button to send that file.
Why RingCentralFax? This is the safest app you can use to send fax from phone. It is owned by Cisco and AT&T, which is known for its safety features. So, if you plan to send a fax that contains personal information, such as for healthcare documentation, you don’t need to worry about its safety. Your personal information won’t be leaked using this service.
– Send a Fax Using Email
You also can use email to send a fax using your phone. This is more convenient, as you don’t need to install an app or such. You only need an email account and you can use your phone built-in browser to do that. Here are the steps.
- Create a Gmail account. You might already have one.
- Create an account on the company that will deal with your online fax. In this case, we recommend RingCentral. They even have 30 days of the free trial you can use. But, you also can use other online fax providers that you like and trust.
- Open Gmail using your Gmail account, and tap “Compose” to create a new email,
- On the “To:” field, enter the fax number where you want to send your document and behind the number, type the fax company that you use. For example, “[email protected]”. Make sure the fax number doesn’t have any spaces or dashes.
- You can write a message on the area where you write the email content.
- Choose the file you want to send by using the Gmail attachment feature. You can do it by tap the paper clip icon and choose the file from your phone storage.
- Tap the “Send” button, and you have already sent fax via your phone.
As you can see, it is easy, right? You don’t need to find a store or place where to send a fax near me. Everything can be finished just using a Smartphone. However, before you use the method above, there are several things that you also need to understand this method.
How to find a place to send a fax near me
You don’t need to pay for the fax machine rental or find a place to send a fax near me. However, these online fax companies still charge you for their service. But, compared to the money you need to spend to buy a fax machine, this is much cheaper.
Another thing you also need to know, make sure the document you are going to send has a high resolution. It is important to prevent any printing mistake because of low resolution on the recipient fax machine. On the other hand, some fax companies also limit the size of the file that you can send through their service. So, make sure you choose the right resolution that doesn’t exceed that file size limit.
As you can see, sending a fax using your mobile phone is not difficult. You just need to follow our guide and tips above. If you do it correctly, you can easily send fax from phone anytime you want.