If you are looking for ways to setup FTP server Windows 10, then you have come to the right place. An FTP server will help you when it comes to transferring files. This server can do that without giving you any limitation or restriction, which makes it very convenient for you.
Luckily for you, you can build your FTP server. This sounds like a challenging task, but it is pretty easy once you have gotten the hang of it. It might even be the best solution for all of your file-transferring problems. Here is how you install and configure your FTP server on Windows 10.
How Do You Install an FTP Server?
The first thing that we are going to talk about is how to install an FTP server on your Windows 10. Do not worry. We are going to give you a step-by-step that will make it easier for you to do this task. So, here is what you need to do.
- Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard. This action will open the Power User.
- Choose Programs and Features
- Choose the Turn Windows features on or off
- Look for the Internet Information Services and expand it
- Do not forget to put a checkmark on the FTP Server option
- Put a checkmark on the FTP Extensibility option once you have expanded the FTP Server
- Put a checkmark on the Web Management Tools
- Choose OK to start the installation process.
How Do You Configure an FTP Site?
Once you have installed the FTP server Windows, you have to learn how to configure an FTP site. You can do this by following these simple steps that we have summed up for you.
- If you want to find the setup FTP server Windows 10, you have to click the Windows key + X on your keyboard. This will open the Power User
- Choose Control Panel
- Open up the Administrative Tools
- Choose the Internet Information Services Manager
- Right-click the Sites
- Choose Add FTP Site
- Create a name for your FTP site and choose the FTP folder that you will be able to use to receive and send files.
- Choose Next
- Use the default settings, but make sure to use No SSL
- Choose Next
- Put a checkmark on the Basic option on authentication
- Put the email address of your account in Windows 10
- Put a checkmark on the Read and Write option
- Choose Finish
By following these steps, you will be able to do the setup FTP server Windows 10 in no time.