Avast has been developing a new browser especially for the Avast Free Antivirus user which is called the “Avast SafeZone”. In fact, there are plenty of users who feel uncomfortable about this application because this browser application is automatically installed when the antivirus upgrade process is running without giving any confirmation. That is why; if you also feel the same thing, you can uninstall or erase this application.
In the previous version, the Avast SafeZone browser is a part of the Avast Antivirus for the premium edition. However, sometimes ago, Avast decided to release this feature for the free Avast users. Avast hoped that by releasing the Avast SafeZone for the free antivirus users will make them give the positive feedback for the company that can attract more customers later.
In fact, the Avast SafeZone browser will be automatically installed when the upgrade process is running without giving any confirmation. There are a lot of Avast Users who regret this because it just similar likes the ‘malware’. The other thing that makes them feel uncomfortable is that there is not any entry SafeZone in the “control panel > uninstall a program”. It will confuse the users and force them to let the browser on their Windows 10.
So, if you want to delete or uninstall the Avast SafeZone, you don’t have to worry because there are some methods that you can do. Here are those methods that we will share and we hope that you will find the right one.
Uninstalling the Avast SafeZone browser
It will be so easy, especially if you had already known about its location. Although the Avast SafeZone doesn’t have its entry in Control Panel, it can easily deactivate through its own Avast Antivirus uninstall entry. That thing that we will do on this method 1; below is the complete ways or instructions that you can follow:
- First of all, you have to open the Control Panel part. To do so, type “Control Panel” in the searching box that is located in the Start Menu.
- After that, you have to open this adjustment: Control Panel > Program and Features > Uninstall a Program
- Next, you need to find the Avast Free Antivirus 2016 entry and then click the Change button that is located right above the application list.
- The Avast Antivirus configuration windows will be opened. Uncheck the part of SafeZone Browser and then click the CHANGE button again.
- If it is needed, you can restart your PC first to know and let the change takes an effect.
It is so easy, isn’t it? Next, you just need to re-check whether the Avast SafeZone browser is still on your computer or not. This first method is effective for some people or users. That is why; it is maybe also the right method for you. If it is not working, you can still try the other methods below.
Uninstall the Avast SafeZone By AVAST USER INTERFACE
Besides the first method above, there is still the other solution that you can try in order to uninstall the Avast SafeZone on your Windows 10. It can be used through the Avast User Interface. Below are the complete ways to do this second method:
- First of all, you have to open the AVAST USER INTERFACE
- After that, click on the “Settings” option and then choose the COMPONENTS button that is located in the Settings Windows.
- Under the “Security”, you need to scroll down until you can see the option of “SafeZone Browser”. When you find it, double-click on it and then choose the “Uninstall Component” option.
- What you need to do next is restarting your computer for the changes to take the effect.
That’s it. This second method can be the other reference to uninstall the Avast SafeZone on your Windows 10.
Uninstall the Avast SafeZone via Control Panel
Have you found the right method from both methods above? Some of you are maybe finding it, but the rest are not. You don’t have to be worried because there is still another solution that we can share. This method is perfect if the web browser is already installed on your system. If it is so, you can delete or remove it from your Windows PC. Here are the complete ways:
- First of all, you need to hit the Windows – Pause button together. This action will open the Control Panel program of the operating system
- After that, choose the option of “Control Panel Home”, that action will open the “Uninstall a program”.
- What you need to do next is to right-click the Avast Free Antivirus (it maybe has the different name on your version) and then chooses the CHANGE option from that context menu. For the alternative, you can left-click on the Avast Entry and then pick change at the top part of the menu.
- On that page that was opened, you have to choose the CHANGE option again. You will find it listed next to update and repair.
- After that, locate the Avast SafeZone and then uncheck the box that is located next to it.
You can do the same action for any of other components that you want to delete or uninstall. All of those components will be erased or removed from the PC. After that, you can click the CHANGE afterward to start the removal process. Usually, you will get a message that states “the product was updated successfully”afterward. For completing the whole process, you maybe need to restart the computer.
Well, that is it. Those are some methods or solution that we can share due to uninstalling the Avast SafeZone on your Windows 10. We hope that you can find the right method for you so that you can use your Windows 10 comfortably. All of those methods are safe and easy to do. You can try it by yourself or you can ask the help from the professional or your friends who are knowing more about the IT and Windows 10.